Sunday, December 28, 2008

Santa may have been too good to us...

Wow. I actually get a day off. The girls and I bundled up and went out on the swing for a bit. It was super windy and a bit of rain was falling but we needed out. We can't move in our house. We have two rooms out of commission while the house is being redone. I had to take every toy out of the girls bedrooms and put them in the living room. There is no room to walk. You are stepping on something no matter what you do. And yes, I did just give some toys to a friend of mine who is expecting soon. I also gave her clothes but we have tons of that as well. I feel like I am drowning in excess but what do I get rid of? I cannot just throw the girls things away. They are not mine and it is not worth upsetting them. I would love to throw away all of the stuff in the basement but they are worth too much money. I need to get a pile together to donate. Do you know anyone who needs pots and pans?

On another note, we have gotten very tight at work with the registers. We audit them a few times a day. Ten dollars was missing twice. I was the only constant between those two days. This scares me. Luckily, I had my register audited before leaving a couple days ago so when a check was missing, it wasn't my fault. I hope this blows over and never happens again. I know that I didn't take the money but I have no way of proving it. Because other people used the register as well, they can't prove it was me so I am being suspected but not in trouble yet. I have already told the boss that I will not share a register for a while. I just don't trust that I won't get blamed for someone else's mistake.

Wow, those girls can whine. When they cannot get even the simplest toy to work it is naptime. Good night.

No comments: