Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Old friends, college and colds

I was cleaning my bedroom (no easy feat) when I came across a mural of all of my friends that I made in college. I am suddenly feeling very nasta... nosta... nasti... remembering about the past in a positive way and missing it. I tried to email a few of my old friends but I no longer have valid emails for them. This probably wouldn't have happened if I had bothered to call them more than once a decade. Oh well. I'll try other routes.
I remember sitting in the lobby at school. There was a small rug with couches on the side of a very large hallway. One of the couches had succumbed to the Ed zone. A very large farmboy who sat in it on a daily basis just killed the springs. We used to play Magic, the Gathering and talk about everything from getting our grades up to nifty crochetting techniques. There were many of us that didn't graduate. They were too busy playing games to attend class. But there were more of us that went on to get really good jobs.
Sometimes I worry that I wasted my degree. Anyone can do retail. I went on to get my MBA but I'm working somewhere that doesn't require any college whatsoever. On the other hand, I have no real experience so I know that my degree is what got me my current job. Either way, I am smart, educated, and enjoy my job if not my income. Heck, without going to college I wouldn't have met my husband. Maybe I went to school to get my MRS?

On a side note, I am still suffering from having a child in school. Will this cold never end?

No comments: